We love introducing Thoreau to students. Take a look and see if Thoreau’s for you!
Get to know Thoreau
- Meet Henry David Thoreau (bio)
- Henry’s Place
- Henry’s Experiment
- Henry’s Writing
- Henry’s Legacy
- Interesting Facts
- Myths and Misconceptions
- Teacher’s Guide to Transcendentalism
Programs and Educational Resources for Students
The Walden Woods Project is a resource for students who wish to learn about, read the works of or lead a more deliberate and simplified life inspired by Henry David Thoreau. Whether reading Thoreau for a class or setting out on your own journey of discovery, we have the resources you need.
- Live Deliberately Essay Contest
- Volunteer or intern at the Walden Woods Project!
- Journaling Resources
- World Wide Waldens student environmental action resources
- Ask the Curator–Have a question about Thoreau? Ask our resident Thoreau scholar!