For the past 25 years, the Walden Woods Project has worked to keep Thoreau’s legacy alive through the preservation of his works and the land he loved. More than ever, we need your help to continue this important endeavor.
Your contribution will help preserve and protect Walden Woods for future generations and will assist the Walden Woods Project in meeting today’s environmental challenges. Donations will support land acquisition and conservation, educational programs, research and library collections, and advocacy initiatives.
A $25 contribution will…
- Buy 1/2 row of vegetable seeds for our organic farm in Walden Woods. All produce sold is re-invested in our land conservation programs;
- Purchase three copies of Walden to present to students participating in our annual essay contest — youth participants write essays based on a quote by Thoreau;
A $50 contribution will…
- Maintain 50 feet of existing trails within Walden Woods conservation land for one year;
- Cover the costs of an hour-long Thoreau/Walden Woods education experience for a visiting school group;
A $100 contribution will…
- Provide one Skype session about Thoreau’s legacy to a classroom in the United States;
- Care for one acre of conservation land in Thoreau’s Walden Woods for one year;
A $250 contribution will…
- Bring a teacher to Walden for a week-long seminar to help them develop place-based education curricula in their schools. Their students will learn to appreciate and care for the natural and historic features of their community.
- Create 250 feet of new recreational trails in Walden Woods.
The Walden Woods Project is a not-for-profit 501 (c)(3) corporation. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Thank you for your generosity and support!