NEW-CUE, Inc. — Nature and Environmental Writers-College and University Educators — was a non-profit, environmental education organization founded primarily to assist writers and educators who are dedicated to enhancing the public’s awareness of environmental issues. It was the mission of NEW-CUE, Inc. to excite students and the general reading public with the wonder of the natural world through the medium of nature and environmental writing.
This collection consists of several papers delivered at the biennial New-CUE Environmental Writers’ Conference in honor of Rachel Carson in Boothbay Harbor, Maine.
The NEW-CUE Archives
Environmental Writers’ Conference 2008
NEW-CUE Sponsored Panels
- Rachel Carson’s Legacy at the 2007 ASLE (Association for the Study of Literature and Environment) Conference, Wofford College, Spartanburg, South Carolina”
- Sydney Landon Plum, University of Connecticut. “Rachel Carson and Edwin Way Teale: their Correspondence and the Shape of 20th Century Environmentalism & Environmental Writing”
- Nancy Gift, Chatham College. “The Environmental Ethics of Lawn Care”
- Lisa H. Sideris, Indiana University. “Fact and Fiction, Fear, and Wonder: The Legacy of Rachel Carson”
- Marcia Littenberg, SUNY at Farmingham. “Gleanings from the Field: Rachel Carson’s Transformation of Field Notes to Text