Bring Thoreau to life in your classroom with this creative, interdisciplinary teaching tool!
"It has come to this, -- that the lover of art is one, and the lover of nature another, though true art is but the expression of our love of nature."
--Henry David Thoreau, 1857, October 9 (Journal, Vol. X, p. 80)
Using your students’ original artwork, we will work with you to create a colorful, educational poster that can be displayed in your classroom, school building and out in the community. We will walk you through every step of the process...our goal is a meaningful, engaging learning experience for your students with an end product that makes them proud!
Educational outcomes of the project:
You provide the theme for your poster (Thoreau quotations, wildlife of a particular area…anything Thoreau-inspired!), send us the student artwork and text and we will take care of the rest!
$500 cost includes:
• Personal assistance throughout the project
• Assistance in finding sponsorship to support your project (including template sponsorship solicitation letter)
• Design and production of poster
• Editing for accuracy
• Printing, lamination and shipping of six full-size (standard 2’ x 3’) copies of your poster
• Printing and shipping of one smaller poster (11” x 17”) for each of your students
Think you're ready to sign-up? Read more about the next steps here!
Email the education department or call 781-259-4721 to find out more or to sign-up!